3D Corporate Team-Building Challenge Programme
Our 3D corporate team-building challenge programme (which is an abbreviation of 'Decisions, Decisions, Decisions'), it's an action packed programme, great fun, with hot competition and an optional opportunity to gain genuine valuable learning outcomes.
The 3D team-building programme is the ultimate test of a group's strategic decision making abilities, group awareness, communication abilities and time management skills. The programmes' objective is to select and complete the particular challenges most suited to your team's combined strengths, to accrue the maximum points possible for your team in the time provided.
With a mix of physical & mental challenges, every team member can contribute their individual talents towards their team's final score in this head to head team competition. All challenges are optional and we will not coerce any guests to participate in challenges they are not comfortable with, however, they might find themselves going out of their comfort-zones voluntarily for the good of their team and gaining much personal satisfaction from doing so.
The programme is split into three sections:
- The Briefing & Strategic Planning Session: We will explain what the 3D Team Building Challenge involves. The total group will be divided in to smaller equally matched teams (preferably by a senior manager who knows the participants personalities & abilities). The teams will then be given a Challenge Summary Sheet of all the 40 challenges and instructed to use the next 10-15 minutes for strategic team planning and challenge selection before being starting the Team Challenge Session. Each challenge will require a unique combination of skill, planning, strength and brain power.
We don’t give the teams any hints on strategy options they could use, other than to tell them the strategy they employ will affect their overall performance.
- The Team Challenge Session: Group dynamics will be tested and improved through the many different challenges with the aim of teaching the group how to communicate more effectively. The goal of gaining as many points as possible in the time given will require the collective strengths of all its team members. To successfully accomplish our challenges, the teams must exercise interdependency, problem-solving skills, decision-making, leadership, cooperation, time management and will tap the collective energies and ideas of every team member. Each challenge requires a unique skill sets and the successful completion will result in gaining points toward their grand total.
- The Debrief Enquiry Session: We can either just announce to team’s overall placings to much fanfare if you want to keep the team-building light hearted, or process the experience with a debriefing enquiry about the individual team’s planning strategies, what challenges they successfully achieved, what challenges they started then abandoned & how was this negotiated amongst them team members. We will look at how the teams perceived performance matches to their actual results & what in retrospect they might have done differently to achieve better overall performance. Finally, we will look at how they can employ the many skills required & utilized in the programme to further enhance their performance in the workplace. This takes this action packed, fun-filled day to a higher level of learning before the participants finish either to enjoy the post-challenge catering or depart from Waimarino.
The challenges are divided in to three types:
Physical – Challenges that require a little more brawn than brain.
Mental – ‘Outside the box’ thinking required to solve a puzzles, riddles or seemingly impossible problems.
Skill – Encouraging dexterity, a steady hand and quick decision making.
The facilitation/debrief session which takes this action packed, fun-filled day to a higher level of learning before the participants finish either to en
This fun programme of challenges will not only leave participants with an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, they will have learnt crucial team skills required in a successful workplace team environment and identified their own personal strengths and opportunities for further growth. The benefits and learning outcomes of the day will be highlighted in the Debrief/ facilitation session at the end of the programme.
The beneficial learning outcomes include:
- Enhanced team interdependency
- Critical Analysis skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strategic decision making
- Group awareness
- Risk Management
- Communication skills
- Time management assessment
Benefits to the workplace:
- Improving communication
- Making the workplace more enjoyable
- Motivating a team
- Getting to know each other
- Getting everyone "onto the same page", including goal setting
- Teaching the team self-regulation strategies
- Helping participants to learn more about themselves (strengths and opportunities for growth)
- Identifying and utilizing the strengths of team members
- Improving team productivity
- Practicing effective collaboration with team members
There is a strong photographic opportunity with the ‘Decisions, Decisions, Decisions’ to provide the teams with lasting memories and also a reminder when they are back to the office of what they learnt on the day they went to Waimarino. We encourage you to bring cameras.
We can run this programme for groups as small as 8, and up to maximum of 100 people.
The programme usually takes approximately 3 hours to complete the three parts of the programme; we can either shorten or lengthen the programme is required. Included in the price is free time to use all of our adventure park activities after the programme & enjoy a catered meal & refreshments (at additional cost).